DPI e-update - 26 October 2011
October 27, 2011
Welcome to Disabled Peoples International's (DPI's) E-news. Please continue to send your activities, conference information, and publications news to Dr. Cassandra Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org .
DPI is pleased to announce its new Executive Officers:
- DPI Chairperson: Javed Abidi (Asia/Pacific)
- DPI Deputy Chairperson for Human Rights: Michael Fraser (North America/Caribbean)
- DPI Deputy Chairperson for Development and Under-Represented Groups: Rachel Kachaje (Africa)
- DPI Secretary: Samuel Kabue (Africa)
- DPI Treasurer: Wilfredo Guzman Jara (Latin America)
- DPI Information Officer: Kalle Könkkölä (Europe)
DPI Durban Declaration can be found at
DPI congratulates Cape Verde on ratifying the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities on 10 October 2011.
On 7 November 2011, the European Agency for Development in Special Needs Education will host a European Hearing at the European Parliament in Brussels. The intent is to provide young people, with and without disabilities, the opportunity to be heard regarding their opinions on inclusive education. More information at http://www.european-agency.org/
There is a job opening for a Program Officer, Disability Rights Fund. Fluency in Spanish and English is essential. To read in full, go to http://www.humanrightsjobs.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7637:-program-officer-for-latin-america-and-mena-ma-usa-&catid=68:no-password-required&Itemid=96
To see the html version and past e-news archives, please go to http://www.dpi.org/lang-en/index.php?page=23